On Saturday 9th May 2020, we hosted the epic Kids of Bath Lockdown Festival!! Thank you so so much to all of the awesome businesses that gave up their time, skills & general awesomeness to be part of it!! We love you!! And to everyone who joined in, you’re incredible too! Thank you for tagging us in your fab photos and for generally being the best people in the whole world!! Once again you proved that Bath ROCKS!!!!
Below you’ll find links to every single video that was part of the lockdown festival, so if you missed anything on the 9th, it’s not too late!! Please keep enjoying it all!! There are so many inspiring businesses in our city, have a little look at some of them!! And if you need inspo while we’re locked up, here ya go!! You’ll find tik tok dance tutorials, festival-friendly hair workshops, stories read by famous authors, songs sung by famous artists, the best crafts and LOADS more!!
And please, if you enjoyed any of the festival, and you’re able, consider donating to our two chosen charities. By donating to the Forever Friends Appeal, you’ll help them to fund much-needed food, drink and care packages to sustain the wellbeing of frontline RUH staff during this extraordinary time, and enable a rapid response to the unpredictable and unprecedented demands over the coming months. Please donate here. Donations to BANES3SG will help them to fund their incredible Compassionate Community Hub, and continue reaching out to the vulnerable and isolated of Bath & North-East Somerset, providing help with food deliveries, medicine, urgent housing, mental health, wellbeing and money matters. Please donate here.
WARM IT UP
LET’S GET GLAM
This one is suitable for 5+, and you’ll need:
- a plain headband
- a pair of scissors
- some flowers from the garden and/ or greenery (please be careful not to pick anything poisonous like bluebells).
- tape (any kind will do)
- a stick from the garden or a chop stick
- ribbon or some raffia
11.50am – Glitter face tutorial with Botanical Nails You’ll need aloe vera gel or vaseline, and glitter (the stuff in this tutorial is made from plants!). Watch the video here – https://youtu.be/xbyom6b-62Y
CRAFT TENT OF DREAMS
For this one you’ll need:
- two stones (one slightly bigger than the other)
- two paintbrushes (one thinner one)
- acrylic or gouache paint
12.30pm – Make play doh with the actual Elsa! Watch the video here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QArhNogg9oY
You will need….
- 8-12 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of room temperature butter/vegan spread
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder/hot chocolate powder
- a dash of vanilla extract
- optional food colouring of your choice
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 fork (or stand mixer if preferred)
- 1 mixing bowl (or more if they want to make different colours/flavours)
- optional sieve
- optional disposable gloves
- 75g melted butter (or dairy-free spread)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (any sort)
- Any combo of veggies you like, just use what you have! About two large handfuls once chopped (can even be frozen peas!)
- 150g or so of grated cheese
- 2 cups (or 250g) self raising flour
- 1/2 a veg stock cube crumbled
- Black Pepper
SHAKE IT MAKE IT
- a bowl/tray filled with water
- old nail varnishes
- blank gift tags/card or paper.
JUMP UP JOIN IN
CHILL OUT ZONE
- A pencil
- A ruler
- A piece of paper
- Some colouring pens
WINE YOUR BODY TIME!!
8pm – Time to make a tasty grown-ups only meal with Beth the Free Range Chef! She’ll be showing us how to make zesty fennel seed & mushroom pizettes and garden pesto. YUM!! Watch the video here – https://youtu.be/a56jWRiltuo
8.30pm – DJ Jezz-a with some hip hop reggae vibes! Watch the video here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H6MfkTt74Y
9.15pm – Slim from Ghetto Funk / Shindig Festival hits the decks!! Watch the video here – https://youtu.be/A0r5-ZhYSxI
9.45pm – Will from Ghetto Funk / Shindig Festival serves up more bangin tunes!! Watch the video here – https://youtu.be/MtPnDhrblxk