For a full list of upcoming events in and around Bath, please see our What’s On page. But to make life that little bit easier for you busy people, here’s a round-up of the big calendar dates in October and November, and what’s going on!
Bath Digital Festival
Dates: Tuesday 23rd to Saturday 27th October
The Bath Digital Festival brings people and technology together. It allows everyone to explore the thriving digital scene here in Bath and get hands on experience with the latest projects. Whether you fancy trying your hand at coding, joining an interactive workshops or just want to get your hands on the latest tech, there will be plenty for everyone to take part in and enjoy. There are lots of child-friendly activities too, from lego robot wars to building your own AI chat bot.
October School Half Term Holiday
Dates: Monday 29th October to Friday 2nd November
All of the below offer childcare for this October half term. Click on the name to visit their holiday course page, and find out more about locations, times, dates, age ranges and prices.
- Superpirates at The Paragon, Widcombe
- Camp Teepee at The Paragon, Widcombe
- Baskervilles Gymnastics Holiday Courses, Englishcombe
- EcoWild Woodland Theatre, High Littleton
- Fun Science Workshops, Southdown
- Get Sported at Ralph Allen School, Claverton Down
- Hidden Woods, Farleigh Hungerford
- In2Sport Coaching at St Mark’s School, Larkhall
- Swainswick Explorers, Swainswick
- Snapdragons Nursery, Weston
- Bath Rugby Camps, Central Bath & Midsomer Norton
If you’re looking for something to do with the kids, there’s plenty on offer! Lots of the Halloween events mentioned in the section below are also running during half-term.
- Museums Week! There are TWENTY ONE venues participating in Museums Week this half-term, including Victoria Art Gallery, Bath Abbey, Prior Park Landscape Garden and the Roman Baths. Events range from trails to mask making to giant banner creation to ghost stories! And almost all venues and events are free to Discovery Card holders. A M A Z E!
- Baskervilles drop in sessions
- The Egg Theatre – tickets still available for some fantastic plays running during half-term.
- Bath Sports and Leisure Centre – choose from swimming, soft play, bowling or trampolining. Perfect if it’s a wet one!
Date: From late October
A lot of these brilliant Halloween events are running during half-term too!
- A Halloween Tale at Cheddar Gorge and Caves
- Halloween trail at Haynes International Motor Museum
- Spooky Fun or Witch and Wizard School or Fear at Avon Valley Scream Park (age 12+) at Avon Valley Adventure Park.
- Whitehall Garden Centre: Pumpkin carving, spooky walk, creepy critters and children’s parties.
- Halloween party for Under 5s at Camomile Cafe. Buy tickets via Eventbrite.
- Week of the Dead Fiesta at The American Museum
- Halloween trail at Prior Park Landscape Garden
- Pumpkin festival and pumpkin smash at Farringtons Farm Shop
Bonfire & Fireworks Night
Date: From late October
- Light up Landsdown at Bath Racecourse
- Bath Rotary Club fireworks display at the Bath Recreation Ground
- Park in the Dark at Alice Park
- Fireworks on the Farm at Neston Farm Shop
The Kids of Bath Launch Party!
Date: Sunday 4th November
You’re invited to the Kids of Bath party!
www.kidsofbath.com is a brand new website for the families of Bath, aimed at enhancing our wonderful community and supporting local, independent businesses.
Date: Sunday 4th November
Time: 12 til 2pm
Venue: Komedia, 22-23 Westgate St, Bath, BA1 1EP
Entertainment: THE totally awesome party people, SuperPirates
Price: £5.00 for kids and babies (plus £0.83 booking fee). Adults and newborns go free! 100% of profits will go to an incredible selection of Bath-based charities. Please see below for details.
For ages: 0 to 11
Fancy dress (any theme!) encouraged! Prize awarded by surprise guest
Included in ticket price:
Entry to Komedia
Access to ALL of the SuperPirate fun. Think top tunes, crazy dance competitions, confetti cannons, exciting games and more!
The chance to meet the inspirational Amy Williams, gold-medal winning Olympian, MBE, television presenter and local parent! She’ll be opening the party at midday.
Fab goody bag
The nearest parking is at Kingsmead Square car park. There are plenty of other car parks not too far away.
There will be areas for buggies but if you’re able to come without one, that would be brilliant!
There will also be additional baby changing facilities.
Parents – don’t worry, the bar will be open!!
There will also be facepainting and a collection of handpicked stalls from fab local businesses!
Pixie App will be there too!
100% of profits from our party will be donated to our supported charities:
Off the Record Bath and North East Somerset (OTR BANES) exists to improve the emotional health and wellbeing of vulnerable young people. Our vision is that every young person in Bath and North East Somerset is emotionally healthy, confident and empowered in themselves.
Bath Rugby Foundation is the charitable arm of Bath Rugby Club set up to empower young people to succeed. We focus on the needs of our community, using rugby to improve Health, Education, Employability and Inclusion in the South West.
Wicked Weather Watch (WWW) is a small, dynamic, local charity that aims to inspire young people to take an active interest in, and care about, climate change. Our vision is for the next generation to have the passion and skills they need to lead more sustainable lives and reduce negative impacts on our local and global environment; to become custodians of their world.
Bath Foodbank doesn’t think anyone in our community should have to face going hungry. That’s why they provide three days’ nutritionally balanced emergency food and support to local people who are referred to us in crisis. We are part of a nationwide network of foodbanks, supported by The Trussell Trust, working to combat poverty and hunger across the UK.
Bath Area Play Project (BAPP) promote and facilitate opportunities for children and young people to play and participate in positive activities. BAPP recognises and promotes the importance of self-directed play in relation to child development and the rights of children and young people.
Tickets are limited, so please buy yours today! We absolutely can’t wait to meet you!