Have experience working with children in early years and quite like the idea of being self-employed? Want to work in a fun filled setting designed to support the development and growth of young children through music, sensory stimulation and interactive play? Circle are supporting a fantastic business in Bath, Hartbeeps, in finding someone incredible to join their small but bustling business currently operating across Bath and Wiltshire. Check our their Facebook page to see how it all works!
Hartbeeps is one of the original baby and toddler music and multi-sensory classes in the UK providing educational sessions from new-born to 4 years of age and now has franchises overseas. Your new role as an ‘Imaginator’, will see you lead and facilitate Hartbeeps classes, sessions and parties providing families with multi-sensory music sessions
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for learning bespoke sessions scripts including songs and activities associated with them
- Deliver specialist musical development classes and big parties
- You’ll be responsible for storing equipment including props, to use during classes and parties
- Along with the provided training, you’ll educate yourself and gain fuller understanding of early years baby and child development to complement your sessions, ensuring each child is getting the best out of their experience
What you’ll need:
- An absolute, genuine love for working with babies and children!
- A creative, energetic personality with the initiative to improvise when necessary
- Good organisation skills and the ability to communicate well with families/parents/carers, regarding bookings and any administration
- A confident singing voice! Hartbeeps aren’t looking for the next Whitney Houston but you’ll need to be confident to lead songs within the sessions!
- Your own transport and full licence
- The space to store equipment such as mats and props. The equipment will need to be transported from session to session.
- You will need your own sound system, an iPod or similar to store and play music and a laptop to store scripts, registers and any other documentation
- It is essential for this position, that you have previous experience working with children in an early years setting
- Working within early years education
- Experience in planning or facilitating play based activities for young children
- A background or experience of working within performance, singing or acting
- Knowledge of Makaton signing
- SEN experience
- Baby massage experience
What you’ll get:
- A flexible job that can fit around your family life
- Opportunities to expand your skills set
- A fully provided kit to conduct all classes and parties
- Only working term time so will suit a parent/carer
- Being self employed and having the ability to earn more with extra classes and parties
- Child Protection training
- An Enhanced DBS check from Hartbeeps
Interview will be held for this position on Tuesday 10th September.
The right candidates training will begin on Monday 16th September and run for 7 weeks. The pay for the training period is as follows: Session observed: £15 per session, sessions lead partly by you: £20 and study sessions with Hartbeeps session leader for 2/3 hours per week £10 per hour
We do encourage you to observe classes as much as you can during this 7-week period. It truly is the best way to learn.
Pay structure for Imaginator as below:
SESSION RATE- £25 per session
This session rate includes a 30 mins set up, and a 30 min pack down. Each class has a 15 min re set time in between. For example, if you deliver three classes, you will receive £75 for a total of 4 contact teaching hours.
PAY BENEFITS- £30 FULL class bonus. If your class is fully booked, you receive a one-off payment of £30 for each class PER TERM.