Better, Bath Sports and Leisure Centre offers a variety of quality fitness facilities and leisure activities to help you keep active and lead a healthy lifestyle. The centre has recently undergone a major £1m refurbishment of the Gym in Bath which now holds a 120-station Gym, 25m six lane Swimming Pool, separate teaching pool, fun Leisure Pool with flume and play features, a highly successful Better Swim School, take part in lots of team sports in our 4 court sports hall and an extensive Fitness Class programme which includes 50 weekly live fitness classes such as Zumba, Pilates & Extreme Air but if you can not make our programmed classes try out our Virtual Studio which includes access to over 800 classes which can be accessed at a time which suits you with our handy on-demand feature New to the centre is Bath’s first 8 lane bowling alley, 5 storey soft play facilities and Extreme Trampoline Park. There is something for everyone at Better Bath Sports & Leisure Centre.
Better are a charitable social enterprise.
Our fun, gentle, child-led classes give your little one the perfect introDUCKtion to swimming!
For babies and pre-schoolers, we run classes locally at lovely warm pools in Marshfield, Trowbridge, Atworth, Bradford on Avon and Frome. These classes are a really special way for both mummies and daddies to spend some bonding time with their baby or toddler, as you both learn water safety and confidence, have fun and make new friends.
For school-aged children (4 to 10 years) wanting to learn to swim, we run classes on Saturdays at Stonar School in Atworth, or Wednesdays after school at Ashwicke Hall School near Bath. Whether your child is coming from a pre-school class, or has never been in the water before, you can be sure that they will get the attention they need, as our activities are individually tailored to suit each child.
Why Puddle Ducks?
• Start tomorrow! – no need to wait to start swimming, where there is space, you can begin your classes immediately.
• Relax – your place is guaranteed – once you’ve joined, there is no need to worry about re-booking every term, your child’s place will automatically be renewed.
• Courtesy classes – let us know you can’t make a class and you can book a place at any other class, at your usual pool or elsewhere (T&C apply)
Visit our website for full information and our 16 pool timetables, or call our friendly office team to informally chat through your options.
Your adventure starts here!
You can teach your baby to swim, and we’d like to show you how.
Swimming is a vital life-saving skill. More than that, it helps babies develop strength, co-ordination and social skills, gives special bonding-time and builds healthy exercise habits that your whole family can enjoy.
Why Water Babies?
Water Babies magic has been shared by families and friends in Bristol, Bath and North Somerset for fourteen years. Our classes are innovative, gentle, dynamic, flexible, bonding and most of all, fun!
• We take babies on a swimming journey from birth right up until they’re 4 years old. Most Water Babies are confidently swimming short distances by the time they’re 2 ½ years old!
• You’ll learn underwater and surface swimming, water safety, confidence, games and songs in a safe, fun-filled environment.
• You and your little swimmer will join the same group for 10 week-long chapters, developing friendships as well as gently progressing swimming skills.
• Your teacher will have oodles of experience, energy, enthusiasm, patience, knowledge and sparkle, plus the country’s highest swimming teaching qualification and paediatric life-saving.
• You can choose from lessons during the week or weekend, daytime or evenings. We welcome mums, dads, grandparents – babies can choose who they bring swimming!
• You’ll get a keepsake book with stickers and sew-on badges, the chance to come to an underwater photo shoot, treats and money-saving vouchers… and much more!
Come on in!
Each Chapter builds on the last, made up of 10 weekly half-hour lessons costing £165. We offer classes every day of the week in warm, private pools in and around Bath and North Somerset.
Call 0117 946 6919 to join a class or find out about a free taster.
*Our venues vary in size and facilities. Please call to check about parking, space for buggies and disabled access.
We operate two sites; Writhlington Leisure Centre in Radstock and Midsomer Norton Leisure Centre. Our facilities offer both individuals and families the ultimate fitness and leisure experience including fully air conditioned gyms, a softplay activity centre, workout classes, swimming, badminton, tennis, gymnastics, dance, trampoline, cricket, football, climbing wall and a range of fitness activities, as well as specific fitness sessions for children.