1. Our adventure play garden is a ‘a haven of adventure, discovery and fun’ as described in our ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted report.
2. The range of specialist activities children can do is wide and unique: woodwork, batik, felting, blacksmithing, sign making using brands at even a hot bath in the open air.
3. We provide all food, and lots of it. From healthy veg sticks and hummus with tea, to fresh fruit smoothies or popcorn cooked on the fire.
4. You can read a description of each session your child attends, describing what we’ve been getting up to that afternoon
5. We are Ofsted registered Outstanding and you can pay with childcare vouchers.
Our after school club bubbles with excitement, the site affords tremendous play opportunities: pottery, a crazy cafe, dressing up, wood workshop, forge, zip wires, climbing nets and even a hot bath! Built up since 2012, our garden offers something for all, with enough space to join in with big group play or find a quiet spot to chill. Children are supported in freely choosing their play and additional activities are offered to develop special interests. Activities range from arty and makey, to physical and adventurous, from relaxing and calming to challenging and high energy. We offer some activities on an ongoing basis and bring in new ones to keep it fresh.
Our staff team consists of experienced playworkers, crafts people, teachers and childcare practitioners. We are Ofsted registered EY441693 and received ‘Outstanding’ in our August 15 inspection.
Running Monday – Thursday, with a school pick up from many of the Bath primary schools, ranging from St Stephens, St Saviours, Bathford, Bathampton, Churchfields and of course Swainswick.
Swainswick Explorers is a local organisation which has been running for over 15 years. We deliver all sorts of lovely child care stuff including an after school club, explorer days out in the countryside, cycling holidays in Germany, all very inspirational adventures for kids.