With this year’s theme for Shindig Festival (run by local Bathonians and named in this year’s The Guardian’s Top 20 UK music festivals) being get fruity we though it was about time to get our creative juices flowing and find some fruity outfits on the web that we’d be able to reproduce! Here’s what we found (boy do we love pinterest!)….
1. DIY Watermelon Necklace – really simple and once you get the hang of this one then you can whack any fruit related item on the end! http://letsdosomethingcrafty.com/how-to-make-a-diy-felt-watermelon-necklace/
2. Tropical Sunglasses – pimp up those specs with some fruitacular designs! All you need is a pair of sunglasses, glue and some colourful paper! Hey Presto!
3. Watermelon Tshirt – having trouble sourcing that tropical shirt?! Can only find things with flamingoes and palm trees?! Well, fear not, here’s your guide to creating this masterpiece https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/561401909776969494/?lp=true
4. Watermelon trainers – staying on theme, this idea comes straight out of the childhood dreams of creating those perfect sneaks…
5. A little pineapple… outfit… we hear you say?! Well this one ticks all the boxes and best of all, one size fits all (little ones that is!).
6. A fruit salad… and last but not least, the piesa de la resistance… best served with a handful of friends…
And that’s it folks, we look forward to seeing many of you at this weekends Shindig Festival down on Gilcombe farm… and if you can’t be bothered to make anything for this year’s theme then one last tip is to get hold of the lovely Emily from Emily Indigo Designs and get her to meet you there with one of her tropical headpieces! Emily has volunteered at Shindig since the start and if anyone can slay the theme she can!